Back to the Bocage

 I'm so happy to post more pictures for you guys

 And I'm so glad to be back! It's been a long while since I've written anything for this blog, but I've been at work on a lot of various projects. Number one among them is working on terrain for my personal board. For this, I've been working on slowly building up more and more bocage, along with a faux fur mat, roads, and a forest's worth of trees. Let me know what you think, and what else I can do to add to it!







 This Normandy terrain is slow-going, mainly because it's my own personal set, and I put my personal terrain set below painting and assembling miniatures and buying new armies, which is a habit I need to break. I'm trying to finish this terrain by the summer, so it'll be ready for many casual games and maybe even an appearance at a convention or two!

I bought this cheap Revell model Spitfire from Hobby Lobby after Christmas when it was on sale. I think it was around 20%-30% off!
As a personal project and addition to my terrain set, I wanted to make a big and impressive eye-catching centerpiece that could be a worthy objective to fight over. I know that by 1944 the older models of Spitfire had either been upgraded, or been retrofitted as reconaissance planes, which is what I imagined this would be - a crashed recon plane which contains valuable intel both sides would fight over. At the moment, it's just been primed grey while I search for what colors I want to use. For battle damage, I used a hot nail for cannon/MG bullet holes and used a lighter to melt the wing and propeller. I hope this will be an interesting piece to have as an objective and piece of cover.

This model  was Warlord Games' T-34/76, built as the 1942 Stalingrad Tractor Factory model, with the two circular hatches on the turret.

 As a personal modelling project and testing my skills, I plan to paint this T-34 in a winter whitewash paint scheme, as seen on tanks around Winter in Stalingrad. I plan on using the hairspray chipping technique, since I haven't tried it before and am looking to test my skills. I hope these techniques will give a realistic look, and will appear very natural, without overly relying on weathering techniques and obtuse amounts of dirt and mud.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby -- Week 3/7-3/12

Hobby - Week of 3/29-4/3

Welcome to Divisonal Maintenance Company!