Hobby - week of 3/2/21

 No real progress to report on minis or terrain, but I did start a project I've been wanting to undertake for a while now -- organization. Previously, the table was crammed with stuff, and it became so messy that it was a hindrance to projects. In essence, the basement was a disaster. I resolved to get some shelves, sweep the floor, and reorganize, in order to give myself a fresh start as I move onto work on new projects. The shelf system I bought was just a simple one from Lowes, and put it together in about half an hour. It is really really nice to have some dedicated storage spaces instead of just cramming things in bankers' boxes. Here, I have room to expand and store more kits, terrain materials, and gear.



At the end of the day, the shelf has plenty of room to grow into. Finished kits and bits on top, followed by terrain supplies and unbuilt kits, a few terrain pieces, an empty shelf that holds old dios, and finally a shelf with miscellaneous shash. Cork tiles, foam bits, usw. 

Next week, the organization will continue. I'm going to be picking up "acrylic nail polish racks" for my paints, some shelves to fit into the pegboard above my desk, and a lamp or two with daylight bulbs to get some better light, since the new desk area doesn't have the best light available.

I've wanted to get everything as squared away as possible before I begin my next projects. I'm going to finish off my 28mm Romans for Infamy, Infamy. The Legionaries are great minis, and the Auxilia are serving dual-purpose as both models for the game, and as test pieces. Their green cloaks will be experiments for the greens I'll be using on my big upcoming project: Wood Elves for rank-and-flank fantasy wargames, namely 9th Age, Oathmark, and Warhammer Fantasy Battle 6th ed. More on that in the next post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby -- Week 3/7-3/12

Hobby - Week of 3/29-4/3

Welcome to Divisonal Maintenance Company!